Thursday, May 03, 2007

Oh Chester!

I have recently acquired two Persian cats (Chester 5 yrs, Galina 7 yrs). I thought it might be a good idea as I live alone and in need of some company. I have not determined whether it was a brilliant move or just really stupid. I have never had cats or pets really, so this is my first go around with them. So far they've been good and not so good.

positives:

- companionship... I thought cats were supposed to be independent and moody, not these two... they can't get enough love. I watch a movie, Galina plants herself on my person and refuses to move.
- laughter... they make me laugh a lot. they're crazy.
- they're just cool.

negatives:

- They're everywhere... i can't walk without almost stepping on one, we end up scarring the shit out of each other... literally.
- lots of hair... everywhere (not mine)
- they shit- and i have to pick it up.

we'll see. the adventure has just begun.

in other news. I got really excited about my summer reading and purchased some literature from Amazon, (which I have recently frequented much)

books I will read soon, very soon:

The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Slaughter House Five and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling

I am really, really excited about The Road.... really excited.

6 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh dear God I love you and the fact that you are back. I also love the thought of you with two cats. Now, come to Boise.

Unknown said...

For the love of all things good in this world, why CATS? It's cool though bro, I'm glad you're happy.

Sycz said...

I always encourage more pussy

kcs said...

my cats used to bring me squirmy little half dead moles. their names were sly and bandit and they were born on easter sunday. Their mother's name was boomer and after she realized we weren't gonna get rid of her babies like civilized surburban folk she ran away to the next door neighbors. She did not suffer from empty nest syndrome. I like cats. K does not. maybe I'll come visit.

kcs said...

I look forward to next years post

jennifer l said...

Just thought I would point out that if you are giving the plants the same amount of attention you give your blog...