Monday, April 24, 2006

slow dance.

I took a nap today. I visited my sister and helped her pack up her house. my nieces running around undoing it all. we sat around the table and ate an early dinner... a delicious roasted chicken with lemonade. I sat on the couch and watched the baseball game. my sister working on her computer. the girls playing some version of house in the corner. I drifted off... i woke up and it was dark. It was nice to sleep in such a chaotic environement with a touch of the seren. problem is I work tomorrow and i won't likely be sleeping anytime soon.

I like my room for the first time since I moved into this godforsaken house. Its taken a while but I like it. I didn't know why i was feeling so unsettled. but i was. and so I added and took away, I moved this there and that here. and still felt no love. a month ago I took everything off the wall and minimized... it was better. but not quite right.. and then this weekend I got a call from my douche bag land lord telling me he was going to need all the furniture I was using. which was my dresser and bed. and he took it all. so i packed up all my clothes with the exception of the few i need. i got a mattress, which rests on the floor. I have a lamp next to my bed. i have 4 small plants in strategic areas and I have one mirror because I'm fucking vain. and that is all. and i am happy.

Work is keeping me busy. which is good.

I listen to wonderwall. via cat power. it is good.

I have been watching a lot of netflix. but today i had a thought about blockbuster.

I eat tasty food almost every night. self-indulgence is good.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

ah, life. life, life, life. it rhymes with wife. sometimes it sucks ass. sometimes it doesn't. usually, it does both, at the same time. life, life, life.

out.

Seriously said...

drew joins the weird cryptic post word. welcome!

Sycz said...

drew is right. as always

dmh said...

your blog is shitty. 7/12/06

Sycz said...

We need some FFB Jefe.

dmh said...

your blog is still shitty. 8/22

Andrew said...

i just wish you weren't such a big pussy. that's all.

Andrew said...

has it been a year yet?